People seek psychological support and guidance for life’s most serious challenges. So, choosing a competent therapist that is right for you can be one of the most important decisions you make in your life.
I do my best to keep my fees as reasonable and competitive as possible with other psychologists having comparable experience and training.
My fee for a one-hour session is $145.00.
- There is no extra cost for the initial in-take evaluation session which usually lasts longer than one hour. This seeks to uncover the root causes of your unremitting, chronic, painful psychological and emotional struggles.
- There is no extra cost for couples, marriage, or family counseling.
- My fee is based on my time not the number of people involved in the session.
- Payment is required in advance.
I work with insurance companies as an out of network provider. I will provide you with a detailed receipt that contains all the information that insurance companies require for reimbursing out of network services. Reimbursement is determined by the provisions of your policy.
I personally believe that clients are often better served by using their out of network insurance benefit or paying out of pocket. It empowers them, with more options to choose the best therapist to meet their needs. Clients have shared with me that in the past when they had used “in network” providers, there was often too much emphasis on psychopharmacological treatments (pills and not skills). The direct insurance providers generally had less experience, training, and expertise. Seeking the best mental health care is like most other areas in life. Paying the lowest cost for psychological care may not always be the least expensive or effective way, to get answers, solutions, and relief from what is causing you constant misery.
Some clients need to be counseled in their homes and I try to accommodate their request when my schedule allows. With the advent of teletherapy, using platforms like Zoom, home visits are not needed as much as in the past. Many clients like to vary phone and Zoom sessions due to their lifestyle and traveling patterns. If we do agree to a home visit, there is a charge of $5.00 per mile to travel to your location. For example, if I travel 3 miles the cost of each session would be $160.00.
Are there any advantages to paying out of pocket if that is an option financially?
- Providers are required to assign a diagnosis and share this with your insurance company for you to get reimbursed for any counseling you received. This becomes part of your medical health record.
- Clients that receive my services and pay out of pocket do not have their private information shared with insurance companies.
- This provides additional privacy protection.